Especially those patients, whose tumors can’t be treated adequately with conventional radiation therapy or whose tumors are located near radio-sensitive organs or tissues, will immensely profit from ion beam therapy.
Particle therapy is regarded established with the following indications:
- Skullbase -, head- and neck tumors (e.g. chordoma, chondro sarcoma, adenoid-cystic carcinoma)
- Brain tumors (e.g. meningioma)
- Sarcoma (e.g. medulla or para-spinal sarcoma)
- Pediatric tumors (brain tumors, rhabdomyosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma, i.a.)
- Re-irradiation (for tumor recurrences after conventional radiation therapy)
More than 150,000 patients have already been treated with particle therapy worldwide – with outstanding results. The knowledge of which disease and which group of patients will profit of the particle therapy is continuously growing.
Particle therapy is routinely and successfully applied internationally with the following indications:
- Various ENT tumors
- Lung cancer (localized, central, non-small-cell carcinoma)
- Various mediastinal tumors
- Left-hand sided breast cancer (with loco regional lymph node metastases)
- Pancreatic carcinoma
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Varios tumors of the pelvis
- Anal carcinoma
MedAustron has started its operation. Our medical team offers medical advice. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your therapy inquiry.