12. Feb – 14. Feb
12. Feb – 14. Feb
- Wiener Neustadt, Austria
- 12.-14.Feb 2024
Welcome to the 2024 Slow Extraction Workshop to be hosted in Wiener Neustadt Austria. The Workshop aims to bring together the current worldwide developments and innovations in the Slow Extraction techniques from synchrotron accelerators.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- Facility overviews
- Spill ripples and beam quality
- Managing extraction efficiency
- Slow extraction hardware and machine protection
- Optimisation and machine learning for slow extraction
- Advanced extraction techniques
- Septa development
The Slow Extraction Workshop will cover three full days (12-14th February 2024) and include approximately 60 presentations and discussion sessions as well as posters available during breaks. For those interested there will be an optional site visit to MedAustron available.
VENUE & ACCOMODATION
The 2024 Slow Extraction Workshop will be held in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and hosted by the MedAustron Ion Therapy and Research Center.
Wiener Neustadt is located about 50 kilometers south of Vienna and has about 50,000 inhabitants. The historical roots of the city go back to the 12th century.
The meeting venue is the Technology and Research Center („TFZ“) right next to MedAustron, located in the north of the city.
- Address meeting venue: Viktor Kaplan-Strasse 2, 2700 Wiener Neustadt
- Entrance between block A and restaurant, meeting room at 1st floor above the restaurant.
Rooms are blocked at the Plaza Inn Hotel for all workshop participants. Please book your room individually (see below for details). The hotel is in walking distance to the meeting venue.
- Address: Erwin-Schrödinger-Strasse 9-11, 2700 Wiener Neustadt
- € 94.00 per room for single use (incl. breakfast and taxes)
- € 109.00 per room for double use (incl. breakfast and taxes)
- Please use the reservation form to book your room by December 31, 2023
- Please note that a valid credit card is necessary to guarantee the booking.
- Please send the form directly to the hotel.
HOW TO GET THERE
Airport >> Wiener Neustadt
Vienna airport is about 65 km away from Wiener Neustadt.
- By taxi: about 50 minutes, expect costs around EUR 100,- for the trip.
- By train: between one hour and 80 minutes, one changeover in Vienna (express train from the airport > Vienna main station (Hauptbahnhof) > Wiener Neustadt main station). Ticket price around EUR 15,-.
Wiener Neustadt city center >> Meeting Venue / Hotel
- By bus: Line 4 from Main Station (stop Lise Meitner-Straße for meeting venue, stop Boltzmannstrasse for hotel, travel time 30 minutes, interval 30 minutes)
- By train: S 60 from Main Station (stop Civitas Nova, travel time 3 min., hourly interval)
- By taxi: from Main Station (price around EUR 10,-)
All train connections can be found at fahrplan.oebb.at and tickets can be purchased online after registration or from machines at the stations. Bus tickets can be purchased directly in the bus.
Please fill the form to register for the workshop. After submitting, you will receive a confirmation with payment details by e-mail.
COSTS & DEADLINES
- Participation Fee:
- Student: EUR 200.00 (excl. VAT)
- Non-student: EUR 350.00 (excl. VAT)
- Registration Deadline: January 31, 2024
- Payment due two weeks from receipt of invoice. Please note that we can only accept payment via bank transfer.
- Hotel booking due December 31, 2023
Please contact us at email@example.com if you need an invitation letter for your visa.